· The entire series was shot over 8 weeks with a total of 46 actors, 60 extras, 34 locations, 10 crew and £35,000.
· The PREMature music score composed by John Atterbury, consists of 97 individual pieces.
· PREMature obtained permission to shoot parts of the school scenes during actual school hours.
· The school location was attended by the director 10 years ago as well as lead performer Karanvir Bhupal who had finished schooling there just one year prior to shooting. Mirza Hassan who plays Sunny was also a student at the school along with a handful of student extras currently attending.
· Karanvir Bhupal who plays Prem, lost his grandmother just prior to the shoot. The first scene to be shot of the entire series was the opening hospital scene where Prem's grandmother has just passed away.
· Manish Patel who plays Parthav (Prem's father) would work a 12 hour day on set, often finishing at 1/2am and would then drive back up to Leicester to start work at 5am where he's employed as a circuit board technician.
· The casting process used was to source actors/people with attributes and moments in their own lives that in some way mirrored their fictional counter-parts.
· A skeleton crew was always used throughout the entire shoot where a maximum of 5 crew members were present on any given day.
· Karanvir Bhupal was cast in part due to his unconventional look as opposed to the popular look of a fresh-faced teenager. An inside joke within the Asian culture being that Asian males tend to mature physically at a much earlier age.
· Although the dialogue in the script was tailored to naturalistic speech, the director and cast members worked on tweaking the dialogue throughout rehearsal and shooting, often implementing much improvisation to many scenes for an authentic portrayal.
· PREMature is in part a conscious effort to promote unseen and under/never utilised talent in front and behind the camera regardless of age, gender and race.
· PREMature adopted a few dogme filmmaking processes: strict use of available light, use of props originally at sets hence encouraging the use of authentic locations like a hospital, car mechanic business, school, museum, national rail train with almost all camera shots/movements being handheld.